Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Importance of Good Customer Service

I used to work in customer service at a few different stores, and I am extremely aware of how important it is for a company to have good customer service.

Recently, I purchased two items at Soap.com and when the shipment arrived the Oxo Brite that came was open and the contents were spilling out. It wasn't a huge mess and I wasn't ready to return the item, but I wanted Soap.com to know what they were sending out to their customers.

I sent this e-mail:

"Order # 9233313

I was disappointed when I opened my box today because the Oxo Brite that I purchased was open and spilling out. I might not be buying from your location anymore if products come not properly packaged. I am sad by this because I like your prices and quick shipping, but do not like getting less of a product I paid for. 
   
    Thank You For Your Time, 
           Naomi Renbarger"

and within a few hours I received this reply:

"Dear Naomi,

Thank you for your email.

I'm so sorry to hear about the damaged item that arrived today. Please know that we are continually working to develop improved methods of packaging to reduce the likelihood of spilling, leaking and damage. While we continue to work on this issue, please know that any time you may receive a damaged item, we are more than happy to replace it or issue a refund according to your preference.

I have gone ahead and sent a replacement order for the item and you will be receiving a confirmation email shortly with the new order details as well as the tracking information. Just for your reference, the order number is #9260458. Again, I am really sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced.

If there is anything else I can help you with or if you have any other questions, concerns or requests please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-DIAPERS(1-800-342-7377) or by e-mailing us at CustomerCare@diapers.com. Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for choosing Diapers.com.

Chuie
Customer Care Representative"

Awesome example of Good old Fashioned Customer Service at its finest :)


~~PLUS if you enter "naomi" on the shopping cart screen, you'll get an extra 20% off your first Soap.com order!~~



No comments:

Post a Comment