Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Here is a poem that I found and LOVE because it is a good reminder of what we are blessed with!


I am thankful for... 
...the mess to clean up after a party 
because it means I have been surrounded by friends. 
...the taxes I pay 
because it means that I'm employed. 
...the clothes that fit a little too snug 
because it means I have enough to eat. 
...the child who is not cleaning his room, but is watching TV 
because that means he is at home and not on the streets. 
...the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot 
because it means I am capable of walking. 
...all the complaining I hear about our government 
because it means we have freedom of speech. 
...that lady behind me in synagogue who sings off key 
because it means that I can hear. 
...lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing 
because it means I have a home. 
...my huge heating bill 
because it means that I am warm. 
...weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day 
because it means that I have been productive. 
...the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours 
because it means that I am alive. 
...Finally, for too much email 
because it means that I have friends and family who are thinking of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment